Each year there are thousands of injuries involving putting up and taking down holiday decor. You can reduce the risk to your members, guests and volunteers as you put Lodge decor away this season (keep this post in mind as you decorate for other holidays, too) by following these holiday decor safety tips:
Live and Artificial Trees
- Purchase a fresh tree to minimize the fire hazard and maximize long life.
- Cut off the bottom 2 inches of the trunk base for better water absorption.
- Water a live tree daily by filling up the tree stand basin.
- Install all trees at least 3 feet from all heat sources.
- Make sure the tree does not block doors or walkways.
- Ensure artificial trees are labeled as fire resistant.
- Take trees down before they […]